- 100% comfortSoft cotton
- Double-needle stitching throughout
- Coverseamed neck with lay flat collar
- Tag-free neck label
- Shoulder-to-shoulder tape
- Comfortable rib knit cuffs
- Sport Grey is 99% cotton, 1% polyester; Light Steel is 90% cotton, 10% polyester
The 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment traces its lineage to when it was first constituted on 3 June 1784 as a company of the First American Regiment and organized on by September 1784 in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. The unit was redesignated on 29 September 1789 as a company of the Regiment of Infantry, on 3 March 1791 as a company of the 1st Infantry, in 1792 as a company of the Infantry of the 1st Sub-Legion, and lastly on 31 October 1796 as a company of the 1st Infantry.