- 100% comfortSoft cotton
- Double-needle stitching throughout
- Coverseamed neck with lay flat collar
- Tag-free neck label
- Shoulder-to-shoulder tape
- Comfortable rib knit cuffs
- Sport Grey is 99% cotton, 1% polyester; Light Steel is 90% cotton, 10% polyester
1st Cavalry Squadron reorganized, 2nd Squadron on 30 November 1943 as the 117th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Mechanized (hereafter separate lineages).
Reorganized and Redesignated 31 January 1963 as the 117th Cavalry, a parent regiment under the Combat Arms Regimental System, to consist of the 5th Squadron, an element of the 50th Armored Division
Currently assigned to the 42nd Infantry Division Mechanized, as the Divisional Cavalry Squadron.