- 100% comfortSoft cotton
- Double-needle stitching throughout
- Coverseamed neck with lay flat collar
- Tag-free neck label
- Shoulder-to-shoulder tape
- Comfortable rib knit cuffs
- Sport Grey is 99% cotton, 1% polyester; Light Steel is 90% cotton, 10% polyester
The 83rd Field Artillery Battalion is a descendant of the First Regiment of Cavalry, organized by an act of Congress on June 15th, 1832 as the Battalion of Mounted Rangers, later redesignated the First Regiment of Cavalry. On June 3, 1916, one third of the personnel of the First Cavalry became cadre for the 25th Cavalry.