- Solid colored t-shirts are 100% combed ringspun cotton, however, heathered colors could contain a cotton/polyester blend
- Preshrunk to minimize shrinkage
- Double-needle sleeve and bottom hems
The 24th Evacuation Hospital was activated June 15, 1942 at Fort Custer, Battle Creek, Michigan. The initial complement was 1 Officer and 23 Enlisted Men transferred from the 23d Evacuation Hospital at Fort Custer (Military Police Replacement Training Center –ed). Colonel Rex Bolend, MC, was assigned as the first Commanding Officer. After moving by train to Camp Rucker, Ozark, Alabama (Division Camp –ed), the group dedicated most of its time to clean-up details, and it looked as though the men were destined to free all the barracks and mess halls in camp from dirt and rubbish before settling down.