The 194th Glider Infantry was constituted on 16 December 1942 as part of the Army of the United States, and was activated on 15 April 1943 at Camp Mackall, North Carolina under the command of COL James R. Pierce. The regiment was assigned to the 17th Airborne Division and began training for combat in the European Theater of Operations. They were stationed at the Tennessee Maneuver Area on 7 February 1944, and later sent to Camp Forrest, Tennessee on 24 March. Their tenure there was brief, and the regiment was sent to Camp Myles Standish, Massachusetts on 14 August. The 194th departed at Boston on 20 August 1944 and arrived in England on 28 August. The regiment began staging with the rest of the 17th Airborne Division at Camp Chisledon, and trained for airborne, tactical, and night missions. When Operation Market Garden initiated, the 17th Airborne Division had not yet completed its training, and was used as a strategic reserve.
- High-quality sweatshirt that is heavy enough to endure the cold as well as the years
- Front pouch pocket, matching drawstring and rib cuffs
- Note: If you like your hoodies baggy instead of the perfect fit, go a size or 2 up
- 50% cotton and 50% polyester
- Preshrunk to minimize shrinkage